Western Heights Preservation Society Update
- 5 August 2012 13:57Rather disappointed with the closure of the threads on the Western Heights, WHPS is a very hard working dedicated charitable group which does it's best despite the endless red tape, limited funds and most of our volunteers having full time jobs to contend with
I have tried to be open as possible with regards the discussions to try and quash misinformation, circular arguments and constant contradictions which make sensible discussions very awkward....
Here is a new thread that I would like to keep positive to share the information of the work of WHPS, upcoming events and news....Been nice knowing you :)
- 5 August 2012 14:00Firstly Friday saw work nearing completion on the 'cookhouse' in the Drop Redoubt. A KCC grant that was secured last year has seen the roof repaired and a new bitument layer added, and most recently the bars added to the windows and door
This will provide us with a secure dry store for our tools and also a dry shelter for our volunteers on our workdays. Very many thanks to Paul from the Kent Underground Research Group who built the bars for a cost which would be a fraction of any commercial rates
Been nice knowing you :)
- 5 August 2012 14:02Secondly
As mentioned we have the planned public meeting on Wednesday - if anyone would like to attend please feel free to coming along though if you can let me know that will help get an idea of numbers
Been nice knowing you :)
- 5 August 2012 19:33Positivenes is what we need on the Heights.
Good Luck on the meeting on Wednesday Paul - I'll come along if I can.
- 5 August 2012 20:24Be good to see you there RogerBeen nice knowing you :)
- 6 August 2012 12:18Excellent work all round !
- 6 August 2012 12:42Trivia for all: Interesting on that picture showing the new bars, how you can see the dark Victorian brickwork of the original building and the light C20th brickwork of the WWII phase.
Not a lot of people know that !
- 6 August 2012 16:14im frightened to post owt in case its seen as negative lol
see you wednesdayCOME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 6 August 2012 16:21#8 "See you Wednesday"
What are you trying to say. Keith ?!
- 6 August 2012 16:51Constructive criticism is welcomeBeen nice knowing you :)
- 6 August 2012 16:52Just as are sensible and appropriate suggestionsBeen nice knowing you :)
- 6 August 2012 19:02okay paul,
lets all work together for the best for the heights
read each others posts
reply on whats in others posts rather than part of, or not in them at all.
this can be seen as both neg and pos
but its hopefully helpfulCOME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 7 August 2012 16:58Don't forget the meeting is tomorrow, not necessary to book but it would be nice to know who is coming along.
Happy for anyone to attend incognito, even in a shifty looking hoodie and lurk in the background - it's all about spreading the word and working togetherBeen nice knowing you :)
- 8 August 2012 07:13As this is slipping down the list, I thought I'd bring it up to the top as the meeting is today
Meet the Western Heights Preservation Society
Open Public Meeting – All Welcome
Dover Discovery Centre (Library)
Wednesday 8th August
7:00pm for a 7:30pm start
The Western Heights Preservation Society would like to let you know about our past achievements, our stance on the proposed China Gateway International development and the National War Memorial, our upcoming projects and our future aspirations.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on attending to help us get an idea of numbers.
As Paul has said, it's not essential to email in advance just helpful; the most important thing is to come along and listen.
The Western Heights Preservation Society don't OWN the Heights, but they do care passionately about them; their volunteers work very hard every month to keep them as good as they can for their open days; come along and find out all about them and their hopes and aspirations for the Heights.
Hopefully see you there.
- 8 August 2012 08:16Are there sandwiches and a coffee, as usual ?!
- 8 August 2012 08:35Thanks Roger
You wish - soft drinks will be availableBeen nice knowing you :)
- 8 August 2012 09:54paul,what flavor is the h2o.stress
when you wake up
screaming and you
realise you haven't
yet fallen asleep.
- 8 August 2012 10:53Hope there's Lipton's iced tea ...
- 8 August 2012 14:23Paul.
It is not too late to fill in a form on http://www.kentminersfestival.org.uk/ and come along to promote the good work you are all doing and maybe get some more interested in helping you out.
All free, we would love to see you there, people need to know whats going on.
Adding a "Local News Page" to web site soon, so keep me informed of any upcoming events and I will uplaod to website for you.“My New Year’s Resolution, is to try and emulate Marek’s level of chilled out, thoughtfulness and humour towards other forumites and not lose my decorum”
- 8 August 2012 14:56Hi Gary - we have a space on the flyer, but I am away that weekend and we already have a stand booked for Crabble Mill so not sure we can stretch to there tooBeen nice knowing you :)