Dover news from 2007
- Essential safety work is to be carried out to the viaduct on the A2 Jubilee Way at Dover starting on Sunday and lasting for up to three weeks.
- Dover District Council is announcing arrangements for the Christmas period.
- Far reaching work to look at the issues and concerns of young people in the district and solutions for the future was given a major boost following a special workshop with partners in the community.
- A breath of fresh air means Dover District Council is cutting its carbon footprint and is now using renewable energy generated on site - and is one of the first Authorities in the country to have its own stand-alone wind turbine on its premises.
- Applications are being invited from members of the community who want to get involved and have an independent say on Councillors' allowances for the future.
- Dover District Council is piloting a new measure to help people stay safe over the Christmas period. The 'Taxi Safe' scheme is a joint venture between the Council's Licensing and Community Safety Units and provides a text number to which members of the public can send the number of the taxi they are using.
- Following ongoing successful community partnership working in Dover Town Centre, agencies worked together to identify and assist a missing person in the town recently.
- As part of Dover District Council's ongoing work to address the future of the district, a wide range of exciting developments of all sizes is showing the way forward.
- Dover's shops are once again vying for pole position in a town-wide Christmas Window competition.
- An exciting opportunity to help bring a slice of a £50 million Big Lottery Fund grant to Dover starts today - with the chance to get online to support Sustrans' Connect2 and transform walking and cycling in our region.