The Next Two Years ?
- 8 May 2012 15:05Cameron and Clegg meet to confirm `they are both in it together`
Problem is their respective MP`s are not.
Tory MP`s and Lib/Dem MP`s are not all in it together.Lib/Dem attack tories with` they think they were born to rule`Tories
say no more Lib/Dem policies.Lib/Dems discuss when is the best time for them to pull out of Coalition.Tory web site publish an
``Alternative Queen`s Speech``which is seen as a clear steer to the right.
The two leaders say there is no turning back ( must be fed up `U`turning ) we plough on with Plan `A`and the MP`s appear
to be going back to their roots
The story continues for the next two years?
- 8 May 2012 17:54saw pinky and perky earlier on the box live from harlow(i think), both trying to look and sound churchillian.
senior yellows had a meeting over the weekend and are clear that they want to leave the coalition pretty soon so that there guilt by association is forgotten by the time we go to the polls in 2015.
i think reg is wrong in his next two years bit as they would have to pull away from the blues by next year to give themselves time to promote themselves as a left of centre party again.
- 8 May 2012 21:03If the party doesn't get their act into gear with the coalition they will be dead in the water as a political party.
- 8 May 2012 21:23If the Tories want to do something worthwhile, they had better start doing it now, and start defining real issues that need be defined.
Time and again I thought they were on the point of doing something worthwhile, just to see the Government make a shambles of it all.
- 8 May 2012 23:45Although cameron has done enough to destroy himself
the present lib dem membership now baying for blood
it cant hold togetherCOME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 9 May 2012 11:03Queen Speech......apprently will have a theme of Family,children,parent friendly whilst insisting to keep to Plan`A`.........
....What Planet ?
- 9 May 2012 12:16just had conservative forsythe on the lords bill adament that the bill wont go through nor do conservatives want it
while paddy pants down from the lib dem saying its at the centre of the co olition and the tories will lok silly if they drop it.
then on comes transport minister(conservative)
saying the lords bill isn't important and lords bill isnt high on the agenda
are these 2 parties i co oltion with each other?
or collision?>?COME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 9 May 2012 18:01Queen`s Speech........what a farce....the last Queen`s Speech has not been dealt with yet and this one is ``long grass
material`` and will not happen.
- 9 May 2012 18:09Worth it to see Millipod and Cameron squeezing uncomfortably down the aisle together though...!!
- 10 May 2012 21:39Although Cameron is getting used to `U`turns,he has had to many already,but the`U`turn over the Royal Navy Jets
announced by the `messenger` Hammond will be to confirm,having spent £ Two Billion on their ill-conceived,knee jerk
policy to equip the over budget aircraft carriers with `cats and traps`for F35 jets that they will be reverting to the previous
Cameron policy is a personal humiliation as this stratigic vital element of the equipment programme involving our security
and thousands of jobs,yet Ministers have treated the matter with their usual hubristic incompetence.
- 13 May 2012 18:48Cameron promised his government would be the `Greenest government yet`two years ago......what happened ?.
Cameron is under attack from business leaders,eco-compaigners and politicians who warn Ministers`anti-
green`rhetoric,policy `U` turns and turbulant backbenchers are thwarting efforts to foster a low carbon economy.
In particular Osborne`s policies have scuppered the `Big Society` theme and his repeated statement ``we are not going to
save the planet by putting our country out of business``......must say he is already doing a good job of that on his own.
- 14 May 2012 23:18so as reg is holding a book maybe some bets could be;
which leader will go first cleggy or cameron
will the co olition limp through to next general election?COME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 16 May 2012 13:57Police Annual Conference is the next on the list to tell government that their policies are going to distroy their service to
the public with privatisation.The queue is growing.Theresa May`s speech was very patronizing and received it`s just
response......what a plonker!!
- 16 May 2012 14:39i saw the edited highlights of her speech, apparently she broke the record for usinng the term "making touch decisions" previously held by the chancellor.
- 16 May 2012 16:16so how long long before we get out of all these cuts?COME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 16 May 2012 19:29
- 16 May 2012 20:13i liked there t-shirts,with a small pic of ms may with the words being shafted,lets carry on.i'd rather be judged by 12
than carried by 6.
- 16 May 2012 20:59Workers in the private sector (particularly those of us who are self-employed) have had to work much harder for far less reward ever since the recession started in 2007. Why should public sector employees be exempt? Certain members of this forum poke fun at the 'we're all in it together' attitude; we certainly are not, but not for the reasons they cite. In fact employees of both local and central government are still living high on the hog at the expense of workers in the private sector. To see police booing the Home Secretary because their pension arrangements will be reduced to a level that ordinary mortals would have wet dreams about makes me want to throw up.I'm an optimist. But I'm an optimist who takes my raincoat - Harold Wilson
- 16 May 2012 21:07
I will self edit this for fear of being thought political. It isn't party political, it's fiscal envy.........Last edited 21:09 on 16 May 2012
- 16 May 2012 21:08whilst the police federation is not the best example of a group looking out for all services within the police operations(very outdated organisation)
this was just sanother example where the cobbled togerher govt are not taking the people with themCOME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON