Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Immediately following the last demo I submitted the following FOI request to Kent police:

"Please supply a copy of the risk assessment on which the decision to allow the anti-immigration protest march in Dover on Jan 30 2016 was based. Please also provide copies of all background information which was used in arriving at this decision, including, but not limited to, copies of printouts and screenshots of social media researched by your officers and civilian staff, debrief reports of previous demonstrations in Dover during 2015 provided to the Gold Commander, Chief Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner, minutes of relevant debrief meetings, copies of all press releases by Kent Police on the subject of demonstrations in Dover (both before and after the event). Please also provide a copy of the manual used by Kent Police in arriving at such decisions, including, but not limited to, a list of relevant legislation together with any general or specific guidance received from the Police Minister or Home Secretary regarding its interpretation."

I felt that this information might help the community arrive at a balanced judgement as to whether the decision not to ban the protest was lawful and justified. I received an acknowledgement confirming that the deadline for providing this information was March 2.

I am still waiting.

end link