Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I worked for a firm for many years with only three of us there and County Court summons came up every now and again. I went as a sacrificial lamb the first time and won just by explaining my side in plain English whilst the solicitor for the plaintiff spoke in gobbledegook. After that I volunteered every time a case come up and had great success by sticking to the formula 15 wins and 1 loss. My favourite was at Oxford County court where this slimy American, ivy league type, probably from Boston was griping over a £45 freight charge. Normally I didn't rub things in after a win but this time I asked for £50 travel - mainline and a taxi either end, £150 lost earnings for the day even though I was being paid and the judge made him write me a cheque on the spot. The fact he asked for the case to be held in Oxford didn't register anything with me.

Over a year later I was flicking through the Sunday Times and his name appeared, turned out he graduated at Harvard and was a Professor of Law at Oxford University. Without wanting to sound arrogant no problem with anyone wanting to sue me.

end link