Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    How long have you been a District Councillor in the ruling party Bob and how much responsibility do you accept for the above?

Howard, unfortunately 99% of the real stupidity on DDC has enjoyed ALL party support over the years.

With all respect to Paul W, since being elected with my proviso that I would NOT be seeking any 'position' in the Tory Group nor claiming any expenses, he has allowed me to vote and comment as I wish both at Full Council and both of the Scrutiny Committees I'm a member of.

Whilst I have had countless complaints to the Standards Board (all thrown out) and faux outrage in both the local and national press, I have continued to try to do my tiny little bit to make the district better for us all whilst providing a little comedic relief. ***

My voting record is a matter of public record and has never been done to court popularity - pro fracking and Richborough Masts, anti the madness of building breeding boxes for displaced Londoners all over the district and anti investing (sic) £200 million of borrowed money in the best investment since the South Sea Bubble. Often voting against the whole council. Often asking for my vote to be recorded.

In answer to your question Howard, the answer is probably 'Too long', but as with many of the other various experiences I have had in my life I shall continue until inevitably I get bored, stop being amused by the whole thing and find something else to occupy a little of my 'down time'.

*** In just one of my previous professional employments I was a teacher, ending up as such a highly paid head of Mathematics that I could afford to take early retirement, my pension being related to final years salary, though continuing to do a bit of part-time teaching at Manwoods.

I found that if you wished kids to get interested in stuff if you should keep them always wondering what was going to happen next whereupon you had their attention.

An example of this was years ago when at University and I was having an affair with both of a pair of twins.

My friends thought this was fantastic, since neither of the twins knew of the others relationship with me, and asked me how I told the difference between them.

The answer was obvious.

The brother had a moustache.

end link