Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Tom's post 17 is a good one in that work-experience and apprenticeships should be worked out locally with local youngsters and local companies.
    The original work-experience scheme that I worked on for the Channel Chamber of Commerce and LSBC could have been even more successful than it was, if it hadn't of stopped when it did because the funding stopped too.
    I was asked to find around 30 work-experience jobs for the young people and found almost 100, but again, they were let down by big organisations and Government(s).

I also believe that there should be some way that when we have a good sized application (number of housing etc.), that the developers take on a number of apprenticeships - afterall, places like Whitfield is a 20 plus years program; Sholden will take a while too, so quite a few young people could learn many skills allied to the building trade.

I don't know if this could be made law, or part of the (planning) conditions, but certainly develpers should be encouraged to do this.

Roger

end link