Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Shave those Sideburns!"
    The player returns time and again with more of the hair on his head (and his sideburns) removed; but Burns keeps saying "For the last time get rid of those sideburns". The player says "Mr Burns, I don't know what you think sideburns are..."
    He finally returns having shaved off most of the hair on the sides of his head, but Burns says "I thought I told you trim those sideburns. You are off the team for good!"
    Obviously this is comedy, but there is a serious point. By refusing to define his terms - i.e. what he thought sideburns were, he put the player in an impossible situation.

Why do I mention this? Well in a hostile interview yesterday LBC's James O'Brien accused UKIP of Racism. Mr Farage countered by asking, "What is racism? Is it about colour or nationality?"
    By refusing to define what exactly they mean by terms like racism and xenophobia, the media and their friends in the Political Left have a perfect weapon to use against their opponents.

If Mr O'Brien brought a British black man from 20 years ago and told him about UKIP and said it was a racist party, the man would ask, "So they are full of skinheads? Do they propose violence against non-whites? Are they advocating mass deportations? Do they forbid black people from joining their party?"
    Mr O'Brien would have to reluctantly admit - "No, none of that is accurate."
    The man would probably go away thinking James O'Brien was being very silly indeed.

Likewise, if Mr O'Brien brought a gay man from 20 years ago and told him about UKIP and said it was a homophobic party, the man would ask "Do they whip up anti-gay sentiment? Do they hand out leaflets on the supposed evils of homosexuality? Do they exclude gay members?"

Mr O'Brien would have to reluctantly admit - "No, none of that is accurate. Actually they have some senior figures who are openly gay and bisexual, they have a LGBT group and they supported civil partnerships"
    man would probably go away thinking James O'Brien was being very silly indeed.

Likewise, if Mr O'Brien brought a gay man from 20 years ago and told him about UKIP and said it was a homophobic party, the man would ask "Do they whip up anti-gay sentiment? Do they hand out leaflets on the supposed evils of homosexuality? Do they exclude gay members?"

Mr O'Brien would have to reluctantly admit - "No, none of that is accurate. Actually they have some senior figures who are openly gay and bisexual, they have a LGBT group and they supported civil partnerships"
    The man would probably go away thinking James O'Brien was being very silly indeed.
    People like Mr O'Brien are constantly trying to widen the definitions of terms like xenophobia, racism and homophobia for their own ends.

They are trying to label everyone who has legitimate concerns about immigration as a racist, and everyone who thinks change in this country should be slowed to a steady sensible pace is a backwards-looking bigot.
    What we need to do is turn this around on these people.
    Ask them to define fully and in their own words exactly what they mean by these terms. They will quickly find that the British public would find their definitions idiotic and not in line with the beliefs of normal people.

end link