Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Peter, pleased to meet you. Funny your the second councilor this week who has asked me to say hello to Wayne Elliot. I am sure you all see him more often than I do. I don't see so much of Wayne since my late dad left Gold Rd. They worked together for a while years ago. Of course we knew Waynes mum Audrey better, bless her soul. A lot of opinions in the Elliot household as you can imagine. I still remember the talk when instead of supporting her son to get elected as a conservative Councillor she stood for Labour. We were delighted in our household. My dad was a strong union man ( I proudly display his 30 years membership of NUR) he made 39 years before retirement but they don't have a badge for that. I remember my mum years ago refusing to have her council house door painted blue. The council accommodated her though as she was a principled woman and just said 'I am not a Tory'. They allowed her to have council red. Not quite Labour red but not blue. Those were the days.

If you know me, you know I am 'red' but unable to support the disgusting behaviours of some Labour Councillors, and until the Labour party acknowledge that some of its members were not acting like they should then I cannot support Labour either. People who stand by and watch such terrible things happening without doing something about it are just as guilty as those who do such things. What happened to Kath Thomson was dispicable not only for the fact that they boarded her up in her home of 30 years, but also the following months of disgusting lies that appeared both on TV and in the press.As far as local politicians go, I take them all on there own merits. I got a friends request on facebook this week from Chris Tough who had offered to report my blocked drain. I was pleased to accept his friend request, only to receive a 'how is Wayne Elliot' message. Bizarre really. I saw Wayne this month when he came and signed my daughters passport application but haven't seen him for months prior to that. The last time was when I helped deliver questionnaires about Deal Hospital. I support Deal Hospital and will help in anyway to try and keep it open. It is our war memorial also and as two of my great uncles are listed there as giving their lives for this country I would hate to see that gone too.
    I am a voter with no one to vote for locally. I am not a turn coat but the Deal & Dover Labour Party have disgraced themselves unforgivably so and like my dear old late mum (God bless her) I have principles.

end link