Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger

You're absolutely right, and I don't happen to believe in a multicultural Britain either - I believe that people who migrate here should take on a British way of life. In America, migrants have to take studies on the American way of life (whatever that's supposed to be!). I did actually use the phrase 'we live in a supposedly multicultural society', which is how the PC brigade would have us live, and disregard our own standards and the way we were brought up.

My point was one of tolerance of other people's beliefs, something I believe we in Great Britain are very poor at. Barry's point about having a dress code is in certain circumstances, I believe, valid. But I do think we have to show more tolerance of others. In the end I think it comes down to individual recognition of where you find yourself; in the Muslim countries we have visited Michelle has gone to great lengths to comply with their beliefs and dress appropriately; if only people coming here would acknowledge that Western beliefs are different and behave accordingly. That's why my point about the BA employee sacked for wearing a crucifix was made; this is still a Christian country and we should not allow discrimination against people from this country to be made by addled bureaucrats.

end link