Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I commend Vic here on his honesty, his understandable and straightforward answer, and his attempts to discover and clarify when it was something he didn't know. (This does beg the question, though, of how far our Vic will be a successful politician! )

Reading thorugh Vic's explanation, it seems to me that the stance is based on "security", not religion, culture, etc. If this is so, I wonder whether in the shadows then, even if unintentionally, an erosion of freedom. It also seems to me that this policy would affect disproportionately particular groups, namely of a certain religion and of a certain sex. I wonder whether then, again maybe unintentionally, this policy could be sexist and culturist, if not racist.

Anyway, I have my suspicions that in our own culture women's clothing is fundamentally male-informed and centred. Otherwise, why have decolletage, mini-skirts, etc (and especially on these really cold nights!). Oh, and to answer Diana, I quote Dr Russell of Dover, sadly deceased, whose view was:- that if men really can't control themselves when they see female flesh, then why can't men wear blindfolds?

end link