Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I agree with the very sensinle view of Bern on this one. As an aliebn living in foreign country I most definitely am sensitive to the issue of how I dress and I don't think it too much to expect the same of others here.

As for those wishing to wear their cultural garb leaving and going to where it is accepted, I wholly disagree.

The sad thing about all this is we find the world is not a tolerant place and too many folks in the UK, in places that matter, don't realise or choose to ignore this. That leads to the current situation where the UK populace generally feel their Government always caves in to the minority, any minority.

Here in Nigeria there is absolute tolerance and acceptance of different faiths despite what the press would have you believe. There are extremists here as there are elsewhere, but the vast majority of Nigerians are God/Allah fearing and show kindness and tolerance to their fellow human beings. Indeed, I start important meetings with both a Muslim and a Christian prayer, or start with one and end with the other.

Maybe we could learn something from darkest Africa, even if it is only respect and tolerance for each other. It seems to be working in Northern Ireland now both sides are giving it a chance.

Vic, I have no idea what you are supposed to be writing for me mate.

end link