Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I now have the proposed U.K.I.P.policy on face coverings in public.The policy Spokesman Gerard Batten M.E.P.

First just to tell you the burka is not an Islamic requirement.

(1)All public employees shall carry out their duties with their faces uncovered.,unlesstheir particular profession requires them to cover their faces for a specific tasks.

(2)People will be required to have uncovered faces in all public buildings and premises.
    For example,in national and local goverment buildings,post offices,hospitals,doctorssurgeries,schools,colleges,universities,libraries,etc.
    This will also appy to all transportsystems, their buildings and conveyances.

(3)Private organisations, businesses,and institutions,will be given the optionof imposing the same rule,the face must be uncovered in their buildings, premises and conveyances.
    For example, in offices,banks, shops,cinemas,theatres,coaches,buses and taxis etc.

(4)Those who refuse to remove face coveringsin the appropriate circumstances will be refused entry.The responsibility will be on the custodiansof the premises to enforce the law,with possible penalties for non-enforcememt.

(5)If private organizations decide not to adopt the uncovered rule then they cannot impose discriminatory partial restrictions on face coverings,i,e,they cannot require a visitor to remove a crash helmet or balaclava while allowing another visitor to wear a veil or burka.

(6)Discretion and sensitivity will be displayed to those who may wish to cover their faces because of severe physical deformity or injury.
    Weddings and religious ceremonies are excluded.

(7)The police will have the right to askeanyone to uncover their face on the public highway if they feel it is necessary to carry out identification in the course of their duties.

These laws should be introduced in the interests of national security, and equality before the law.

I also agree with the above. Vic Matcham

end link