Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Nigel Farrage, former leader of UKIP who stepped down in order to concentrate on becoming an MP, has called for a ban on the Burka. This is not a new topic for us here on Doverforum, we have spoken about it often, but as UKIP have re-gurgitated the idea to the public, to the voter, the topic has been brought back to general life.

I myself dont think this will ever happen. Britain is not a country that would ever ban a garment worn in the name of religion, so Farrage is playing a nasty card here, appealing to our base instincts essentially on immigration.

Britain today, whether we like it our not, is teeming with multi-cultures. You have allsorts in the mix..Bahamians, Nigerians, Polish, Irish, Romanians, and everything in between. The nation is teeming with every variation on religion possible and tolerates all sorts of nasty political variations and demonstrations, so I think the burka ban idea will never happen.

But I suspect the slick talking Farrage knows that, but also knows the topic will be good for a solid block of votes from societies disgruntled voter. You hear the grumbles often..." they're taking our houses and jobs " and "we dont have the infrastructure to support any more immigration". All of which might be true but it also might be the just the proverbial urban myth.

Our local UKIP representative is of course Vic Matcham...is the burka a big issue on the doorstep here in Dover Vic?/ Is immigration a big issue on the doorstep here in Dover Vic?/ Would be interesting to hear. Has anyone asked that we ban the Burka?

end link