Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic Matcham wrote:
    Years ago when I was having a meal with Mr Farage,I did say UKIP NEED to have more then one policy ,also at that time the party leaders said we do not need to put up for local council seats I said how wrong they were to think along lines like that,and now we see what happen to them for having a main policy,there is a way back for them it will be hard but if they do it right this time round with a good leader then they will be back,Mr Farage will be back again lets hope he gets it right this time.

Fundamentally, it is a single issue party. It is certainly viewed like that by the electorate. It has very successfully, in its mandate, achieved it's goal (which is actually a step refer than its predecessor - The Referendum Party). All the time it is called U.K. INDEPENDENCE Party it will be seen as nothing more than the party to ensure leaving the EU. It has to re-badge to stay in existence, that's obvious in my opinion.
    The more meaningful question is, given its manifesto and spurious/erratic, often misaligned views, what does it stand for outside of what it has already achieved? What is the point in carrying on if you have nothing tangible and coherent to offer. (I don't mean that as a discredit to UKIP, I mean that inasmuch as their core belief has been delivered, anything else they wish to offer is outside of their core purpose.)

end link