Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Times quoting Penny Mordaunt on Liz Truss' fiscal philosophy: "What she is looking at, though, is enabling people to keep more of the money they earn. It makes no sense to take money off of people and then give it back in very, very complicated ways."

The Daily Express quoting Penny Mordaunt on Liz Truss' fiscal philosophy: "There’ll be different things required for different people – there’s the package of support that’s already been put in place [and] Liz is looking at other measures. There will be more that is needed."

The Daily Telegraph reporting Penny Mordaunt on Liz Truss' fiscal philosophy: '[her] comments on not using handouts to ease the cost of living crisis have been misconstrued'. Ms Mordaunt, a trade minister, denied Ms Truss ruled out expanding direct payments, saying she wanted "people to keep more of the money they earn".

The FT reporting Penny Mordaunt on Liz Truss' fiscal philosophy: '[her] comments have been misinterpreted' and Truss would look at a range of measures to help poor households. "She's not ruled out all future help" she said.

I had hoped we were getting away from the Johnson era of 'what I meant to say, had I put my brain in gear before opening my mouth'-type corrections.

end link