Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

FWIW I spent 34 years of my working life in National or Local Government service moving to various posts around the country. I did bloody well out of it as did everyone I worked with (most of us now looking forwards to years of index linked pensions).

Most people at my previous grades/jobs are still doing damn fine and with all due respect, when I look at the workload and stress levels of local government workers, it really is guaranteed money for old rope. How we have ended up employing so many useless individuals on so much to avoid making so few decisions God knows. They are only whining because they have no idea what the 'real world' is about.

Stop looking at starting pay and look at the guaranteed increase in salary year on year in such as nursing as well as any 'pay increase'. After all they are only nurses. Half the population are probably capable of becoming nurses if they wanted to be. With all due respect you don't need Mensa membership for that. Yes I know they well might save my life just as a fireman might but so can a lifeguard at the local swimming pool and I see no reason to pay him loadsamoney just because he's quite good at swimming.

(Rant over. Back to beach for week five of holiday. Thank you tax payers! )

end link