Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard, please don't attribute "politics" to my above posts, and I haven't called any Syrian refugees mentioned here as children or women "herberts" looking for benefits financially.

Peter, you state:
    "This thread is about the rights and wrongs of allowing Syrian refugees to come here, not about economic migrants from the EU."

So what has yesterday's article in a newspaper about a Jewish refugee family from the 1930s got to do with this thread?
    Do you pick and choose what people may write and what not, and then sway the arguments with irrelevant issues altogether?

I think the Syrian refugees should be cared for in countries near Syria, and that the root cause of the war in Syria and the causes of why millions of Syrians are fleeing, should be addressed: namely some governments, such as the Saudi and Quatari. supplying money and weapons to rebels and terrorists to wage war in Syria, with the participating backing of some Western governments.

We should not be bullied into accepting that a government in Westminster runs amok provoking and alimenting wars and then flooding us with refugees, who will no doubt be given permanent leave of stay along with hundreds of thousands of others.

Rather than "politics", this should come under "freedom of speech".

Too often, we have been screamed at, benevolently "dressed down" and misrepresented whenever we the average Brit stands up and speaks his mind.

Incidentally, Peter, seeing that you did mention a Jewish family coming to Britain in the 30s from Austria, in 1919 Britain gave Israel to the Jews to settle in, namely the Palestinian mandate.
    It's unfortunate that some Marxist Jews confronted Mosley's men in London, who had been pacifically marching through some streets. If they hadn't, perhaps the Second World War would never have broken out. Millions of Jews - not too sure how many perished in WW II and by the hand of whom - would probably have still been alive in 1945.

What a crying shame!

end link