Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

barryw
    I'm not a nasty i know that, and iv never heard in my 25 years anyone being stopped from talking from tories
    in fact just before i joined the council tory and labour cllrs used to meet up for a beer after council meetings.

Now there were some lefty type became cllrs but didnt last long
    just the same as you had some right wingers in your group (the present gay vote agood example) if you recall 2 brothers left through feeling unwelcome in your group(sorry not your group, i mean the tory group) and the guy made no secret of having a problem with them.
    Funny cos i found them both to be hard working cllrs at the time, still say hello to them when i see them from time to time.

Like all parties left, right or whatever there are those die in the woods voters that will never change, i recall 2 incidents at polling stations over the years(there are far more)
    incident 1 I was on polling stn and chatting to the 2 other parties polling stn geezers
    my relief came who happened to be the labour organiser, i introduced the other 2 parties he said i have no
    interest in them and got out his daily mirror. now, i have a little sympathy with the view, that you fight
    these parties all the year round so why would you be buddies with them? but i always found it passed
    the time away if your there for 3 hours or so.

incident 2; I asked a blue rinse lady about her conservative candidate she was supporting and spending her voluntary
    time supporting, I found out she had no idea who he was, where he came from, whart he does, what he
    beliues in, but she had voted tory all her life as had her parents.

end link