Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Nicola Barley wrote:
    I can't agree more! Don't you find sometimes that we are actually living in a Twilight episode, or worse, a chapter in a Kafka novel ??

Those of you who listened to Russian UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia yesterday, would have heard him suggesting that BoJo should read another Dostoyevsky novel, I was holding my breath but luckily he was very gracious and did not mention its title publicly, however what he clearly meant was the below referenced famous novel, The Idiot

Or, just as equally, Humiliated and Insulted, Another Man's Wife, or, quite aptly...Novichok Nezvanova (bit of literary licence there )

On a more spiritual level, I am pleased to see the manifestation of good old British faith in our Lord being rewarded. Our British God has answered our orisons as the news (albeit Sky News - surely not a false prophet) has stated: Poisoned spy Sergei Skripal is no longer in a critical condition and his daughter says her strength is "growing daily". Just a few weeks ago they were seemingly on the brink of death - so how did they survive?

Alastair Hay, Professor of Environmental Toxicology at Leeds University, tells Sky News how they may have fought off the novichok nerve agent and managed a "miracle" recovery.
    Source: https://news.sky.com/story/miracle-recovery-how-sergei-and-yulia-skripal-survived-the-novichok-attack-11318984

And did those feet in ancient times, walk upon England's pastures green? Well, probably not, but that doesn't mean that we, the Brits, haven't negotiated a binding special relationship with my heavenly boss. The good Lord loves us before all others - he also loves David Davis's Brexit strategy and Russophobia and Philip Hammond's Excel spreadsheets.

end link