Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Wow indeed… Firstly I would kindly request that you do not misquote, deliberately or accidentally, what I said about Corbyn.

SWWood wrote:
    There has been a chemical weapons attack on British soil, and yet some are so desperate to defend the indefensible, simply because Jeremy says so.

Corbyn has not for a moment tried to “defend the indefensible”, where did you get that one from, in my reply or his speech? I must admit I had to re-read his yesterday’s speech. Is demanding that our response as a country must be guided by the rule of law, support for international agreements and respect for human rights, that our response is decisive, proportionate and based on clear evidence now regarded as a treason? Apparently so! Personally I loved his speech, it was a very brave speech of a true leader; it would have been so much easier for him to just go along and agree with everything that May said, not stick his head out, especially during the time when he’s looking to be elected as the next MP. No, he always stays true to his principles (unlike May), and challenges every time he thinks a challenge is due, no matter if it plays to his political advantage or not.

SWWood wrote:
    Actually creating the stuff is still hugely difficult, and extraordinarily dangerous. Realistically, very few could do it.
    I will not make the mistake of assuming the lack of published evidence means the evidence doesn't exist. I prefer my government to protect it's sources

Precisely! It is quite obvious that both UK and US have their own access to Novichok and can produce it, if needs be. It’s hard to imagine that Mirzayanov did not share the formula with his CIA handles.

SWWood wrote:
    Russia are now denying that neither they nor the USSR ran the Novichok weapons program.

I couldn’t find the specific source of your reference here, but they are certainly not denying that Novichok was invented in the USSR.

SWWood wrote:
    It is amazing that some people are so keen to place so much more weight on statements from Russia than from our own government and intelligence services. This despite Russian lies over Georgia, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine, MH17, Syria, Litvinenko, Sports doping etc. etc

I think we’ll be here forever if we were to attempt to even scratch the surface of the apparent truths & lies in each of these topics, something that could be fun over a pint in Mash Tung or Louis A. But I’d like to point out that if Scotland is allowed their referendum, then why would the same not apply to Crimea? Just because its outcome is not to NATO’s liking? With no intention of sounding patronising, I’d suggest you really read up on it. Here’s a good start (must point out this is from Forbes, not RT) - https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/03/20/one-year-after-russia-annexed-crimea-locals-prefer-moscow-to-kiev/

SWWood wrote:
    Finally, David Kelly was walking near Porton Down because he lived near Porton Down. Now why do you think a biological weapons expert would live near Porton Down? I wonder where he worked?

Actually I said it’s Dr Holmes, who went for a walk near Porton Down, David Kelly’s body was found in Oxfordshire. Very odd comment, not sure what you were trying to refute here, but good job completely ignoring the key point.

end link