Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You are right,
    In the 1960s when I was helping them out they put up a candidate for MP in Dover a Mr Tom Stacty or a name like that he was a reporter for the Evening Standard in London and he was not liked by press and the public of Dover
    I said to the committee who was picking the candidate at the time"You know he is not liked in Dover so why are you putting him up" I was taken to one side and told do not let this out Vic we know we will not get in this time so that is why we are letting him stand just as a night watchman till the next time.
    At this time what with UKIP and the Lib/dem who will lose a lot of seats next time round the blues know that they will not get in and even if they did it will by just afew seats like this time and they would have to aske again both the lib/dem and even UKIP who might just get a few seats to back them up so they could go to the Queen and tell her they can rule again with the other two partys help.
    That would never work for a full five years.
    So they will not try to win this time even knowing that they are putting their own MPS in the Lions den that only got in last time by a few votes like our own MP if he is to win he is going to have to do all the running by himself and he is not up to that so he will not get back in.

end link