Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Now, now, RB, that's somewhat lifting the quote from Sky's Technology Correspondent out of context (the context being Twitter) in order to suggest a Labour song and dance over not very much. But Mr Manthorpe also wrote: 'a cyber attack on a political party during an election deserves to [be] taken seriously - just as Labour did. Good to see.' He also quoted a Labour source as reporting that the attack came from 'a botnet with IPs on every continent'. But as I don't yet know a botnet from a hairnet, I'll carry on reading the good Rowland until I do.

The rather sniffy Gordon Corera, the BBC's 'security correspondent' ( ), who 'has been told' (though by whom he's not sharing: he's 'in the know' you know), is referring to the NCSC's classification of cyber threats. Again, according to Manthorpe: 'NCSC only cover the tiniest tip of a massive iceberg. Just because they don't classify it as Category 6 [i.e. the lowest level] doesn't mean it wasn't serious.'

And Manthorpe's latest is: 'If this cyber attack was a test, Labour and the government basically passed. The people who failed are all the clowns on here spreading rumours and misinformation.'

end link