Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

John
    Your view on the conservative party i believe to be correct and agree with,
    but there are many more issues and not just the EU that will bring down this cobbled together lot.

We then move to, what next?

well, if you look at the situation in an unbiased manner, UKIP without a doubt in the local elections did far better than expected
    taking a seat in leafy Tunbridge Wells Tory heartland i'm sure will have the tories looking over there shoulder.

They also took seats off the Labour party

They did a good leaflet on allowances and how they would sort it out if they get any cllrs elected,
    unfortunatly, like the lib dems, once elected Ukip then as a first move had its leader propose that the UKIP cllrs should get even higher allowances!!!!!

But before we move away from the local elections, mention should also be made of another breakthrough, that being the Hythe seat, where the sitting conservative cllr for 20/30 years lost his seat to the greens.

The Issue now is can UKIP and the greens sustain the breakthrough.

So Sandwich was a tester, I suspect Labour didn't expect to do as well as it did, but UKIP needs to be picking up these seats if it's serious about breaking through on the big boys in Westminster.

I see support for UKIP waining now, like other protest parties it could well be the case that Tories across the country gave the govt a bloody nose, but when it comes to the general election, these same tories would be unwilling to take that further step, and instead like in the past, return to the fold.

2015 will be interesting just to see how it all pans out

end link