Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I helped to leaflet the ward on Wednesday with UKIP Thanet South..There were 6 of us out and we had a good response..We saw 4 Tories out leafleting as well, one of the Tories included DDC Cllr Pip Russell, they did not look very happy...We also saw One Libdem out leafleting as well....I understand the Labour party blitzed the ward with bussed in supporters over the weekend..Remarkable really, the election was, for only a Town Councillor...The ward was Sandwich South,it included areas like St Barts Road, with some social housing and Dover Road with large detached houses,in other words, the ward is a mixture of social groups..The Labour Party did well but UKIP did really well..It was the first time,UKIP stood in the Ward...Good result for both Parties..It seemed that the LibDem vote collapsed, with the Lib Dems going over to Labour...UKIPs' vote came from the Tories and some from Labour..I was talking to a ex Labour Party member in St. Barts Road,who said for the first time he will vote UKIP...In conclusion,the election in Sandwich could be a template for the General Election in 2015....I am sure Laura Sandys M.P. for Thanet will lose her seat in 2015 and the LibDems nationally will disappear..Troubled times ahead for the Tories and LibDems..

end link