Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Questions in the house. From our MP

Thought I would start a thread about issues being raised by the MP so that we can touch on them.

This was asked by Charley in parliament last week.

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer,,,, how many investigations have been launched into EU hauliers paying below the minimum wage to their drivers in each of the last five years for which data is available; and how many of those investigations resulted in successful prosecution?

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate he has made of the loss of tax revenue resulting from EU-based hauliers paying below the minimum wage while working in the UK; and if he will make a statement? (End of statement)

I don’t think our government is fully aware just what’s happening in the industry regarding undercutting by East European workers. I worked on one construction site and 2 Romanian gang masters controlled over 200 Romanian men. I am convinced this lot didn’t get paid UK pay rates.

And the gangmaster licencing only covers agriculture and packhouse workers; the rest is just the wild west.

end link