Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Neil Moors wrote:
    A few things struck me, first Mark Harper's decision to no longer back the PM, and second the fact that the Tories run out of obedient MPs to read the Whips planted questions.

The 'obedient MPs' prompted me to check Hansard to confirm a suspicion and, sure enough, guess which member asked:

"I thank the Prime Minister for his fulsome apology today. Given that, does he agree that the priority for the House and the Government must be the very real challenges facing our country, particularly the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the cost of living pressures caused by covid and worsened by Russia’s war on Ukraine? Coming from Poland, having helped with Ukrainian child refugees last week, I pass on, if I may, the widespread respect and admiration in which his leadership on Ukraine is held."

The PM didn't answer this very pertinent question on the cost of living crisis and so the valiant effort on behalf of her* constituents to hold government to account was thwarted.

* Oops!

end link