Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    I believe the Saudis are supporting the internationally recognise government of the Yemen against the Iranian backed Houthi movement.

Fortunately, with logistical and intelligence support from the US, UK and France, under 8,000 people have been killed over the past two years, which in the scale of things is not that many. (Just over twice the rate of road deaths in the UK)

I take it those deaths are as a collateral damage figure of innocent deaths. What about the larger issue of damage to infrastructure which has caused starvation, cholera (which, according to OXFAM, more than 300,000 people are now infected with and REUTERS have at nearly 400,000). More 'second wave collateral' A child in Yemen dies of preventable diseases every 10 min, according to UNICEF, and Save the Children has reported that the lack of medical supplies and staff has caused an additional 10,000 preventable child deaths per year since 2015. Source: The Lancet. http://globalhealth.thelancet.com/2017/06/30/yemen-and-other-conflict-zones-hospitals-remain-target

No, I wouldn't satirise Mrs May's stance on selling Yemeni-bombing Saudi Arabia either.

end link