Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You're right David, I've been around a long time & I started as you indicate thinking I had the power to radically changes things & walk away if I didn't get what I wanted.

You soon learn that as District Council Leader you are "small beer" with miniscule budgets & nobody is going to take notice of you shouting from Dover/Deal & how you are the special case. Everyone plays that game.

You need to go to the places where decisions are taken & get yourselves on the committees where the power resides.

You have to present powerful business cases & show you score higher than the next guy.

It's not a case of we deserve it , it's how the return will show the power brokers have got it right.

Work the system. It's the same for both main political parties.

Until you've experienced it I don't think you understand or want to.

That's reality.

Bye bye for now I'm to one of those meetings where I hope to secure two projects that will deliver job opportunities in conjunction with the private sector.

end link