Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

1. Howard! It's 'fewer and fewer people' not 'less'. (same as we get less rain but fewer raindrops)

2. Having just had our polling cards for the Euro election delivered to Marlinspike Hall (the postie has been delivering a lot better since I pointed out that since the Royal Mail sell off I partially own him) the memsahib and myself have been metaphorically wrestling both collectively and separately - since we still are not sure whether to consciously uncouple, as seems to be the latest fashion - to decide which way to cast our vote.

My initial view was that since most of our laws come from Europe this was a Very Important Election.

SWMB(occasionally)O claimed that Euro Laws only impinged on the straightness of bananas and that I had already submitted myself to them by taking extended lunchtimes and refusing to answer my ' téléphone portable' after six.

A quick google over the marmalade (and don't try this at home!) came up with this:-

http://www.jcm.org.uk/blog/2009/06/what-percentage-of-laws-come-from-the-eu/

As a conspiracy theorist at heart obviously this page could have been put out as black propaganda by GCHQ, NSA, Herman Van Rompuy or the local Big Issue seller but it would appear that nobody knows the answer!

The problem with the forthcoming vote is that it seems like we are meant to chose from a number of people we have never heard of, who somehow have slimed their way up their individual parties list, to decide which should win the lottery prize of £80,000 p.a. + expences.

There really should be a box for 'none of the above'. At least Viv Nicholson was honest when having won the football pools she said she was going to 'spend,spend,spend'.

So what do we do?

Vote UKIP? The problem is that if you try to sweep out the Augean Stable from inside you merely get covered in shit. The way forward is surely to renegotiate our position within the EU looking towards something much more towards the old EFTA agreements with free movements of goods AND citizens. Choosing my words (as ever!) very carefully any recent European influx, whilst it might have tweaked things economically has not changed things culturally in wider terms of the European Age of Enlightenment.

So who am I /are we left with?

Sorry Lib Dems, In spite of the excellent Danny Alexander you are not going to be the next majority government.

Labour? Edd Balls as Chancellor and Beaker as P.M. I think not.

Conservative?

Hello-Hurray - what a nice day for the Eton Rifles, Eton Rifles
    Hello-Hurray - I hope rain stops play for the Eton Rifles, Eton Rifles

Thought you were clever when you lit the fuse,
    Tore down the house of commons in your brand new shoes,
    Composed a revolutionary symphony,
    Then went to bed with a charming young thing.

Moving on (and how prescient the young Paul Weller was looking at last week's revelations in the press!) it looks like it's a trip to the Polling Station to write 'none of the above' on the principal that if you don't vote (or at least spoil your paper) you have no right to complain...................

end link