Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I too have never known Trevor ever come out with any statement that even the most likely to take offense would consider even mildly racist.

It is an unfortunate fact that UK workers are comparatively unproductive compared to others.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/20/britain-productivity-gap-widens

As to workshy I can only comment on the many conversations I have had with would be employers the length and breadth of the country who have found it better to employ various European workers who are still imbued with what Max Weber called the Protestant Work Ethic.

Unlike my experience of workers in the USA where the 'lowliest' shop assistant still wishes to be the best shop assistant in the store, there are far too many in the UK who think that in spite of their complete lack of education, talent or skill, some jobs are somehow 'beneath them and that I and others should continue to sponsor their daytime TV watching until something more suitable comes along!

IF work was enjoyable then they wouldn't have to pay us. If someone wants to hire me to shovel shit the only question I ask is how much are you paying and how high would you like it stacked. I don't claim that because I've got a third class honours in Equine Studies from the University of Southend I 'deserve' better.

This view is epitomised by the straightforward politics of envy espoused by the left where any successful person or business is threatened with yet another 'windfall tax'.

If you're all so bloody clever why don't you become bankers rather than moaning about their salaries.

end link