Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think Momentum(many ex militant party members) were underestimated by everyone.
    Obviously T May underestimated Labour in general because it had been failing like All the major parties to engage.
    Momentum together with J Corbyn filled this gap even in the short term, Corbyn engaging is not something he finds difficult, he is well able to speak to any audience as he showed in the fire in London, something that T May showed she couldn't.

So he gained on this, and moving with the times, Momentum engaged with the young, and used social media in a big way, and was and is revitalising politics.
    That's not to say you have to agree with the politics, but the general election showed that Momentum managed to get people on board even with the national media against Labour.

Is it all good news though?

Having been through the years of the Militant party infiltrating into the Labour party 30 years or so ago, anyone that doesn't remember these days should look up N Kinnocks labour party conference speech on Derek Hatton on Liverpool council and sacking notices being sent out by them.

I joined labour 30/35 years ago when the Militant party was strong and had taken over every branch in Dover/Deal lots of unknown names suddenly joined party turned up at branch meetings and took over branch's in numbers.
    When I checked a few out they lived Buckinghamshire or miles and miles away,
    Warfare took place, for at least 2 years where the party was taken over.
    Were they democratic? no, if they didn't get the majority vote they set up executive committee's putting just there own people on them then overturned democratic decisions made by branch's.

Worse than this I witnessed militant activists following other members not on the left of the party, followed home, abused, and in some cases assaults.

The party went through this trauma and eventually many militant party members were expelled
    but I noticed in a recent momentum paper that they are campaigning for the reinstatement of all militant party members back into the labour party.
    Labour party rules don't allow you to be a member of another party.

Without doubt we have seen a big change in politics, just like UKIP when it had its 5 minutes(now finished as a party)
    Momentum though are here to stay, and without doubt very organised across the country, and also in the unions.
    So they have many power bases.

So some interesting times ahead with the Tories in turmoil ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

end link