Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    I thought there were plans to merge East Kent councils in the near future making effectively a unitary authority. Gone a bit quiet on the issue recently but I think it will happen.

The whole idea last year was based on the merger of four councils (which Paul Watkins seemed very keen on) . With Shepway not wanting to play http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/kent-makes-super-council-decision-122740/ the whole thing seems to have gone on the back-burner.

I hate to think how much money was spent on consultations, officer time, consultants,glossy brochures,presentations etc.

My own view was/is that Canterbury would have ended up as the centre of everything obvs and that Thanet would have ended up as a money pit as we would end up funding Royal Harbour/Dreamland/Turner Contemporary/half of the population of the Balkan States**

**Since most of these were supposedly fleeing 'war', and NATO and the EU have spent a fortune in treasure and spilt much blood bringing a semblance of peace to the area, why the f**k they haven't been sent home, rather than continuing to sponge on my taxes whilst running protection rackets in Thanet, migrant smuggling from France and being behind much of the cocaine trade in London which has lead to the spike in shootings/stabbings I don't know.

end link