Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ross, I doubt a local baker running a family business, perhaps employing someone too, aspires at earning 100 million pounds in private wealth.

Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of businesses have gone bankrupt over the past few years in Britain and Europe alone, or America?
    How many business owners live of, say, 10.000 pounds a year when all expenses are paid?

It seems clear to me that only very few people are claiming that all business owners would like to become as rich as Bill Gates. The majority of us do not believe they want to.
    I run a business, and do not aspire at becoming a millionaire, let alone a billionaire.

The fact is, that modern capitalism has made it impossible for so many small businesses to survive. One reason being, that masses of wealth is channeled off into private accounts, to an extent that many people count the pennies, go into debt, and cannot afford to purchase even essential items.

What more and more people are saying, is that we have reached rock bottom, this cannot go on any longer. Too many people are financially bankrupt, on a private scale, and the State is bankrupt, and many other countries are bankrupt, each with their masses of bankrupt citizens too.

And amid all this, there are individuals who have hoarded so many assets in their own name, that they couldn't even sit down and count their money if it were all piled up in front of them. And they continue amassing more wealth on a daily basis.

This can't go on, full stop! The Economy is supposed to be to every individual's benefit, not gobbled up by a very small minority of people who count their millions in the same fashion as a normal person counts his tenners at the end of the month (if he has any money left at all to count!)

end link