Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Obviously to finance a local office like the one in coombe valley is costly
    When they had an MP they were able to finance through him, but they have been in opposition for some time now, so not that easy to finance .
    They used to also have a full time organiser
    Who also went when the MP went ..
    Years before this the conservatives found the same in Dover and closed the office in Dover they operated from.

So now Labour has to rebuild with no base to operate from.
    I'm not convinced they have the ability now to regain the MP seat as bad as the present MP is.

Even locally they struggle to hold on to seats like
    Mill hill which must be a worry to them .
    But times have been changing over the years and people started to recognise that labour isn't really this working class outfit it says it represents , many locals around my area (and others as well) have just stopped voting .

So labour has to re-engage with the local community
    Now, if we look at past history on this we will see that they don't and they stumble from one election to the next , assuming peopje will vote for them.
    This is back firing .

At the last election the conservatives had cleared the shelves in the offices ready to go into opposition, instead they held the seats and gained two from labour !

I have even attempted in the past to help labour candidates but some just feel they are more important than us plebs Lol

A few attempted to silence me on my short spell on Dover TC (which locals asked me to stand as an indy in) but of course that was never going to work
    So they trump up charges that wouldn't stand up in court in an attempt to divert you away defending yourself so they can push things through , that also didn't work
    Look at some of those other results DDC
    Elms vale a councillor (Tory) who expects people to go to him rather than other way round , beat an over confident labour person , who stated she was to win seat and people behind her through all the case work she was involved in
    Worked out they weren't .

So it's fair to say if labour starts to re-engage then maybe , and it's a big maybe, they could find a way back..
    The danger at the moment is, they are losing seats and slowly drifting back to the days when they were in opposition and looking to remain that way .

I recall being at the swing gate when a labour full times said Labour would never control DDC because if the set up of the seats and at the time the Tories had a big majority in the days of the old Barton ward etc ..
    But a lot of hard labour did win the seats and controlled the council for 13 years .

Anyway
    Let's see how things unfold

end link