Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have read with interest the posts of Bob.I agree with his comments Peter very professional unassuming man.How dreadful to get rid of him in this way.Keiths comments very childish the old ways are still there.Calling the opposition.”Your lot”Not very grown up .Cllr Wood a Town Councillor being a spokes person (( must get that politically correct).Im sure she is a very educated lady however I can tell her I spent six years as portfolio holder for housing .Until recently Councils were not allowed to spend HRA money on building new homes.DDC worked very well with Housing Associations to provide much needed housing.During my tenure I opened several housing complexes .In the private sector the grants were increased .Council properties were renovated .
    I recall sitting at a meeting when rents were discussed.Some of the Labour councillors were unaware the rents paid for repairs thus if rents were not increased repairs would be less,
    I visited. Many many homes and realised that there was only so much that could be done .When budgets are fixed some money is ringfenced. I.e.income from car parking would not be used for housing .I find it odd for a Town Councillor to make comments on DDC matters.
    Keith you make remarks which are just as bad as some of the comments made by Bob and Peter.
    I recall being called “Rusty Head “when I changed my hair colour.I was also called “Widow Twanky”But I did not make a complaint and those councillors were not suspended.
    I like to think Im a grown up and goodness knows I have had to be strong in Council on any occassions.

end link