Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I’m sure Captain Bob would have had something to say about hypocrisy if Labour had not responded firmly to the use of racist language at a formal meeting. You know, there isn’t an excuse for using that word. I’m a similar age to the Captain and to Walker, and it’s been unacceptable in nursery rhymes, metaphors and general speech since I was a teenager. To argue that 2 unrelated metaphors, one involving domestic fuel and the other referencing a children’s counting game via an Agatha Christie Murder-Mystery, somehow got confused makes no sense.

The claim that the woodpile incident is months ago is false. The claim that Labour is in meltdown likewise. Labour is getting ready to fight the elections next May by selecting candidates and by visiting voters on the doorstep every weekend. . Keith has been banging on about his perception of Labour failures since he won a by election to the Town Council. He’s very well known in his area, so I’m sure that his voters will have known what they were getting. The problem with non party candidates is that you don’t know where they stand on issues that matter. For example UKIP members stood for the Town Council in 2014 as Independents. It’s quite true that some Labour, (and Tory too) councillors go rogue. But that is the system we have which gives no right of recall except by a councillor with a conscience.

Labour intends to focus on important issues which the Tories at District have completely failed their electorate on. Labour has important and self financing plans to increase council owned housing which DDC has shamefully allowed to almost disappear, to to ensure that private rented housing is regulated effectively so renters can be sure if a fair deal. Another area Tories have shamefully neglected. Dover town centre will actually get money spent on it to turn it into a place to be proud of, and which attracts tourists. Tory DDC have said they will do this and then done nothing. I could go on but I will save other details for another day.

end link