Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard,you may be interested to know there is a DDC Full Council Meeting at Whitfield it will start at 6pm on Wednesday March 2nd.
    The main item will be the increase of council tax by 2.96%,it is noted that Tesco and the Harbour board have appealed their rateable value.Council housing rents will be tweaked,it is not clear how. DDC will receive from the Government a Extra 21% bonus for New Homes Building.All items start from 2016-2017.
    Standby for increase of house building.

Another main item on the agenda is a question from Cllr Simon Bannister Labour Group to Cllr Paul Watkins.Leader DDC, it states.

Does the Leader of Council agree with me that the violence that occurred in Dover on 30th January should be deplored and that the Police should be adequately supported so that,at all future demonstrations,all the laws of Britain can be enforced,including those covering the breaches of the peace,intimidation,criminal damage,use of racist language and incitement to racial hatred.

My comment on this. There is no praise of the Police who had to endure insults and injury by the Right and Left wing thugs on 30/1/16
    No mention of local people and businesses who had to endure disruption and fear.
    Charlie Elphicke made a similar comment about the Police as Cllr Bannister, again lack of praise.It annoys me that Public Servants who cannot answer back are used as a political football,for political failings..Just showboating.

It is worth noting that Cllr Bannister was one of the organisers of The initial peaceful demonstration which ended in disorder and cost taxpayers £250,000 which is not mentioned in the question by Cllr Bannister..
    Charlie Elphicke knew before the event on 30/1/16 that there could be problems,yet spoke after the events on 30/1/16.

end link