Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

According to this His Holiness wasn't there on the day.

Dover Stand Up to Racism
    31 January at 18:51 ยท
    These are the words of the Bishop of Dover, Trevor Wilmott, that were read out in the Market Square yesterday.
    " I'm sorry I cannot be with you this morning but welcome this opportunity of adding my voice to all those who not only believe in but seek to live the values of welcome and inclusion, which I believe are foundational to our common life. In a sense we are all immigrants in this world because the world does not belong to us. If we are to live peacefully with one another then we need to be inclusive and welcoming of all who seek to live amongst us. Exclusion only serves to create fear and ignorance. As a country, indeed as the people of Dover, we have always been enriched by the gifts and skills which others have brought to us. Now is the not the time to build, or dare I say allow others to build, walls of separation which in turn will only fragment our common life further.
    As has been said "for evil to flourish it only needs people of good will to be silent". Our gathering together this morning, peacefully but firmly, is a clear sign that we will not remain silent when others are crying out for peace, justice and welcome."

end link