Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

On the 30th September,a full council meeting was held at Whitfield of Dover District Council...
    Prior to the meeting a Ms Helen Williams submitted a question asking for Syrian Refugees to be resettled in Dover District similar to Ben Banos' motion..Before the meeting took place Cllr Paul Watkins told the group leaders of UKIP and Labour that he plans for DDC to resettle 12 Syrian families..Ms Williams put her question and DDC Labour Leader Mike Eddy spoke in favour of the question..The vote was held, it was decided that 12 families would be resettled but I understand DDC are still waiting for government funds for it.. I was present at the meeting..

It wasn't mentioned that Ms Williams is actually Cllr Williams,a parish councillor from Kingsdown and long standing member of Dover and Deal Labour party.

During the following day the housing department of DDC were phoning B&Bs and small hotels asking if they take in refugees.I know because a friend of mine runs a small hotel.

Ms Williams aka Cllr Williams has since written to the Mercury and Express implying that the 12 families solution is too low.

I am sure you are sick of me and that you are bored to death of my posts but in reference to #23 Ross Miller...People who wish to represent us should show honesty and treat us as adults,not fools.

end link