Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello Bob,

I am a journalist at the Guardian newspaper.

We're planning to publish an article that collates examples of Conservative councillors who have been suspended for posting racist or islamophobic content on social media, only to be readmitted to the party a few months later. This is in the context of criticism of the Conservative party's disciplinary processes.

We are planning on mentioning your three suspensions from the Conservative party and the comments that led to them, including your use of the term “jungle bunnies” in relation to the London riots, references to swearing at a Big Issue seller, describing Saudi men as “oil soaked sand peasants” and your joke about buying workers at the International Slavery Museum. I understand you have now left the Conservative party.

Do you have any comments on the above? Would you like to comment on your suspension and readmission, and what is your view of the Conservative party's handling of your case?

We would require your response by tomorrow at 1pm if you wished to comment. Could you please confirm receipt of this email?

Best wishes,

Frances

--
    Frances Perraudin
    Reporter

Guardian News & Media

-----

+44 7825061500

+44 203353 3207

frances.perraudin@theguardian.com

-----

twitter: @fperraudin

Hi,

1. Though it will probably be on my gravestone I never used the phrase 'jungle bunnies'. Fact.

2. I never actually said anything to a Big Issue Seller. It as a joke. It's exactly he same as if I said 'I walked into Specsavers the other day and guess who I bumped into .......... Everyone!' No. I did not actually go into Specsavers the other day. Cue headlines 'disgraced Councillor makes fun of people with vision problems'

3. Oil soaked sand peasants? Don't remember ever saying 'oil soaked'. Grateful for link. Certainly an amusing turn of phrase though not up with the Simpson's 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' to describe the French.

4. I'm particularly pleased to have made the joke about the slavery museum as it is a) original and b) funny. Obviously I did not actually buy any of the staff (see 1833 Slavery Act) - though a local journalist, Sam Lennon, is so bloody stupid that he asked me what 'colour' the imaginary staff were!

Basically the whole thing is a load of bollocks conjured up by a load of humourless lefties probably a bit pissed off that I have been a harder working local Councillor doing more 'good' for the district than they have ever done and that every time I get a bit of faux-outrage in the press my vote goes up!

Whilst on the local council I have had almost monthly complaints to the Standards Officer about my comments or alleged comments. On every single one I have been 'cleared'.

I have indeed now left the Conservative party as I didn't wish to waste either mine or their time with suspension (which is apparently de rigueur nowadays when anyone claims someone has been using hurty words) , investigation and readmission.

Publish what you like and please come back to me if I can elucidate further.

There's a load of other coverage about where I've managed to piss someone off who has either complained to the Party or the press. Do you want links?

If you wish to contact me further please cc to my personal email (xxxxxxx) @gmail.com as this here is on my Council issued iPad which I normally only boot up every few days to pick up the list of requests for help from my electorate which takes up the greater part of my time - the Tweeting of the attempts at humour which apparently causes such apoplexy in thicko self-loathing lefty snowflake wankers ,being a very minor part of my life, when, like the BBC I try to educate, explain AND entertain.

Best wishes

Bob Frost

'Disgraced former Tory Councillor' (copyright East Kent Mercury) ☹️

Hi Frances,

Just a small additional point as I know the Grauniad is a stickler for accuracy, I was NOT suspended over my 'slavery' joke. I had already been suspended! See following paragraph from CCHQ:-

'I write further to the email sent to you from the office of the Party Chairman dated 16th May in which you were informed that your membership of the Conservative Party has been suspended pending an investigation into allegations that you posted inappropriate content on social media. It is further alleged that your actions are contrary to the Party’s commitment to inclusivity and equality and that your actions have brought the Party into disrepute'.

My suspension in May was after some lunatic in East Anglia who I had a minor disagreement with on Twitter decided to trawl through my 22k+ Tweets and complain about three of them. (They still make me laugh but there you go!).

No one complained locally. The local party did not suspend me. Brandon Lewis himself suspended me, but that's the sort of thing he seems to be doing daily to those lower down the food chain to make some sort of a point.

Best wishes anyway. I'm actually a Guardian subscriber so looking forward to having a bit of a chuckle on Saturday(?),

Bob Frost

end link