Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Seriously no council is forced to borrow whether it is to speculate in the property market, or fund its normal activities; there are many alternatives available.

Notwithstanding the level DDC envisage in relation to their annual budget, just looking at how long DTIZ has taken makes it clear, to me at least, that it is highly likely that there will be a considerable period (5-10 years) before any returns accrue which of course means that services are likely to be cut in the interim as the usurers will not take a holiday on their capital and interest payments.

Now I for one think the risk and the high chance of delays in realise a return make this a desperate act by frankly desperate and unimaginative people. It is not too late for people to make their views known and for the council to change its mind; but that won't happen as they could never admit they were wrong,

I am sure the usual apologists for DDC's excesses and dubious decisions will parade their support for the borrowing shortly.

end link