Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Or the UK? General government gross debt was £1,763.8 billion at the end of the financial year ending March 2018, equivalent to 85.8% of gross domestic product (GDP), 25.8 percentage points above the reference value of 60% set out in the Protocol on the Excessive Deficit Procedure.

But it's all right because a change of government will spend more on our (sic) NHS, increase the number of police officers, spend more on schools, build hundreds of thousands of homes for the hundreds of thousands of immigrants still flooding into the country, renationalise the railway etc etc and all by taxing Amazon and Google.

Meanwhile personal debt is still rising but it's all OK because 82% of new car drivers are quite happy to pay to drive around in a vehicle they will never actually own, and the last time I walked past Brighthouse in Dover it was full of land-whales queuing up to pay £286 for a Henry Vacuum Cleaner they could get from Amazon for £109.

Most of us in the UK are living well above our means, consuming stuff we can't afford and buying so much stuff that we don't need that motorways are bordered by storage warehouses since we've already filled our loft and garage with crap we got bored with.

There will be a day of reckoning. I don't owe anyone a penny. I shall laugh.

end link