Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger in #21 summarises everything that's wrong with British politics. Roger gets very sensitive and thinks I get personal which is unfortunate, but that post sums up the disaffection with politicians. In my brief sojourn into politics the recurring message I hear is "conviction politicians" ie a desire from the public for politicians to say what they mean and mean what they say. Roger is saying:

I agree wholeheartedly with UKIP but I'm voting tory because I'm a tribalist.

What's worse, he is paid from the public purse, the electorate have every right to question his motives based on his post above. Is he simply doing it for the money? Because he's not acting out of principle.

Roger, my plea to you (and let's be honest there's millions like you, including your colleagues at DDC) is to examine your conscience and ask yourself what Cameron's Tories represent. He is as far from UKIP as is possible, you know that perfectly well.

You lay yourself open to criticism if you decide to sheepishly, slavishly, vote for a set of ideals you fundamentally disagree with.

I'm very happy to meet up and discuss if you wish.

end link