Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I see Natalie's PR team have been active in today's Sunday papers, much as our fishy Cap'n predicted. No explanation however of how she offered a nodding acquiesence to this guff from 2019. I think 'victim blaming' is the modern term. This is Aitkinism at it's best, for those with long memories.

“That sacred principle of our national life has been sacrificed in the current climate – as became clear with the false pursuit of baseless allegations against high profile individuals, some of whom were smeared beyond the grave.

“In my case, I have been subjected to daily falsehoods and vile abuse – from the malfeasance of cabinet ministers to the malice of twitter trolls.

“This has had the cumulative effect of jeopardising my right to a fair trial on charges I know to be baseless. That is why, having continued to work tirelessly for my constituents since these allegations were first made two years ago, I have now decided to stand down at this Election.”

Honesty is a weakness rather than an attribute in today's conservatism. Bravo the Elphickes - fitting in perfectly with the standards of Laughing Boy, Gove, Cummings et al.

end link