Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Latest letter to the Dovorians from Charlie.

Here's why I have nominated a team of hard-working community nurses in Dover and Deal for a special NHS award. I met with local NHS manager Hayley Mullan and her team at Dover Health Centre in Maison Dieu Road to talk about the work they have been doing. They told me that people in care homes – where one in four have diabetes – much prefer to have a familiar face administer treatment such as insulin injections. So the Kent Community Heath Trust nurses have been visiting care homes across East Kent and giving staff vital training. The team also helped cooks with recipes for meals that could be served to all residents – to put a stop to any disputes over desserts! They trained staff on ways to keep residents active and stimulated too.

Last month I put forward Hayley and her team for the NHS70 Parliamentary Awards – held in July to mark the 70th anniversary of the National Health Service. The team were nominated in the Person Centred Care Champion Award category. We all want our grandparents and parents to receive the best possible care and to know they are being properly looked after. So Hayley and her team deserve great credit for the work they have done to train staff in care homes across Dover and Deal. I was delighted to nominate them for an award. Their efforts have improved care and helped reduce hospital admissions. It's great to see innovation like this in our NHS. We need more of it.

end link