Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

According to the print edition of the Mercury, Frost's full statement was:-

'I am pleased to confirm that I shall be standing as one of the Conservative Party candidates for North Deal in the forthcoming Elections.

Hopefully this will put to rest the confected hyperbolic outrage, cretinous conspiracy theories and general idiocies which you have gleefully reported recently.

I have been 'reliably' informed over the same period that people have it from unimpeachable sources that I had defected to UKIP, was appealing against my de-selection or was about to stand as an Independent, none of which have a grain of truth in them!

Over the past four years I have tried my best to represent all of those in North Deal to the best of my ability whilst being totally honest and transparent.

I have not always voted with my fellow Conservatives when I believe they are wrong and nor have I hypocritically whined about the lack of affordable housing whilst owning a portfolio of rented properties.

I have however had 54 scheduled official meetings over the past year alone and also spent hours sorting out issues such as parking , education provision, social services etc etc whilst never claiming a penny in expenses. It's only what all councillors should be doing.

If the voters of Deal re-elect me in May then I shall be pleased to continue serving them.

If however they wish to elect some pompous self-aggrandising party clone who will never say anything unless it is a bland comment cleared by Central Office then that is their democratic right.

Already there have been a number of candidates announced who more than fit the bill.'

end link