Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

My message to all Cllrs would be : "A little less conversation, a little more action" As Elvis would have said.
    If prospective Cllrs are not well known to the long term locals, it makes me think: what exactly have they done for the community so far? If they are known, at least they put their head above the parapet .
    Having lived in Dover for only a short while, I must admit I have only seen very few Cllrs actually engaged with and for the community, unless it's for a few minutes at at fund raiser . One of them is a very helpful lady. I do get about and walk my dog for miles around the town. Organising regular litter picking would set an example because my goodness, that makes a very unwelcoming impression when walking into town from any direction . Goodness knows what visitors make of it. It would
    Not be difficult to set up, be cheap to run, commit to a regular contact with their ward members and provide a much needed service to the town. Possibly even shame the litter louts into stopping their habit. I know people come up with excuses all the time why is can't be done. But maybe, being a cllr helps in getting it organised. Where there is a will...

end link