Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Arthur wrote:
    I think all the above posts validate my comments on another thread. The Brexit voting system was badly flawed and no one considered the massive fallout from a result that completely divided the nation. Our current PM would have argued for whatever side - he really didn’t care, all he’s ever been interested in is his own ego and ambition.
    It’s pointless to keep having this argument- it’s done, the damage is done, I don’t believe the country will ever see significant advantages from leaving the EU. As far as the money is concerned, well just more Boris rhetoric with no substance.
    I’ve no doubt that this thread and points scoring will continue but no one will ever concede that Brexit has simply caused a monumental upheaval for no gain either in the short term or probably in the longer term too.

The problem is that it isn't done, Arthur, much as I agree with the rest of what you say. Vic might be glad we're out of it, but the Scots aren't, the Northern Irish aren't and many more businesses that you read about in the MSM aren't.

The union of the UK is threatened like it hasn't been for years. Today's results in Stormont will be interesting. THE DUP and their cohorts have invested everything in their erroneous belief that the current government will dismantle the NI protocol. They won't. It won't be in the Queens Speech. The combined pressure of the EU withdrawing the TCA and the total opposition of the USA will make even our arch liar see sense.

There has been a recent spat between the government and the British Poultry Council over impending increases in the cost of chicken. The BPC predict 15% but you won't see much about it in the MSM. They blame too much of the causes on Brexit. That kind of news isn't welcome any more. In the meanwhile, we yet again postpone our obligations to provide equal SPS checks because the 'minister for Brexit opportunities' can't duck the reality of the harm it would do our beleaguered economy.

And the Scots? They were conned over Brexit and that remains one of their biggest motivations for severing the Union. That resentment won't go away anytime soon.

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to come up with a tangible benefit of leaving.

end link