Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    And talking of which, Boris tells it like it is:

'In what is being described as a comprehensive speech, Mr Johnson will tell the European Union he is prepared to accept customs checks at Britain's borders if he cannot secure the sort of trade deal he wants.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51345776

Nothing wrong with that as I feel the checks will need to go both ways if we are truly going to take our sovereignty back. It may initially clog up our roads and ports but it will also do the the same in Europe.

The negotiators should focus on obtaining a good deal from the EU without any of their restrictive rules or go for no deal and look elsewhere for our perceived needs.

Imagine the outcry if you should shop in one supermarket chain and are then told by their competitor, (yes competitor) , that you must conform to their rules and perhaps pack your shopping in bags purchased from them or face legal consequences!

Also let our fishermen fish in U.K. waters and our farmers farm to produce our staple foods ( like they used to), and I’m sure we can survive without some of the exotic ‘foods’ that we now import all the year round from parts of the EU.

If holiday travel convenience and cost are problems that you may be concerned about.........there’s a big world out there to broaden your horizons away from the boozy Costa beaches too where I’m sure the extra business will be welcomed.

Change is never easy for some but after cutting the cord many will continue kicking and screaming instead of making a positive effort to make it work.

Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate.

end link